Marble is an excellent choice for kitchen countertops as it can make your home look more beautiful. However, it is crucial to keep in mind that natural stones like marble need proper maintenance and care. As a non-professional, it may be quite challenging for you to understand how to take care of the stone. Therefore, Granite au Sommet has come up with some essential tips that you must keep in mind while taking care of the stone. Have a look at the points mentioned below:
- Firstly, you must keep in mind that marble is a porous substance. So if there are any spills on the surface, you must clean it immediately, or else it may penetrate. Also, you can use a soft cloth to clean the spills.
- Secondly, you may have heard that lemon juices can clean kitchen surfaces in the most efficient way. But when it comes to marble countertops, you must never bring this to your mind, as lemon is acidic, and it can cause discoloration to the surface.
- Thirdly, when you place a glass of wine or other acidic liquids on the countertop, you must always use a coaster so that even if there is a spill, it does not touch the surface.
- Fourth, you must never place any hot items on the marble countertops as marble is sensitive to heat and can damage the surface.
- Fifth, if you are unsure about how to take care of your marble countertops, you can get in touch with some experts. They will teach you about how to properly take care of the stone. There are also cleaning services you can opt for that will make sure your kitchen countertops are clean and maintained properly without causing any damage.
In summary, if you follow these tips, you can be assured that your kitchen will last for a long time. Although it is true that marble is a delicate stone and needs maintenance, with some easy steps, you can keep it in new condition. So, don’t worry too much, go for it, and just keep the points mentioned above in mind. And if in doubt, there are experts available to help you out. Reach out to them, they will clear all your doubts and questions.